DJK

Friday, February 08, 2008

I think I forgot how this works!

I know you are all shocked! I mean who takes almost 4 months off from blogging! You may have checked my blog a hundred times since October and NOTHING! I'm so sorry. I'll be brief but I'll catch you all up on me the past few months. Don't worry it won't take long!

Thanksgiving was a lot of fun. It was the first time in a long time that my entire family was all together on an actual holiday. Kind of cool for the Kimbrells.

Christmas was great. We all spent Christmas Eve out at the river and had a great time. It was neat to experience Ashlynn and Katelynn finding all that Santa had left them. Matt and Beth came in a little later and had a nice visit. We were all thankful to be together and to celebrate in a new house. On Christmas Eve, the girls were taking me to their room and Ashlynn told me "I'm a little bit fraid of Santa because I love him so much!!" That made complete sense to me. Have you been so in love that it scared you?

January was exciting as well. I was able to spend a few days out in California with EJ an Tripp. Right as we had our first winter storm in Rock HIll....I was landing in sunny California. I had a great time! Thanks again for having me!

February has traditionally been the worst month of the year for me. Not because anything horrible happens but it is always so blame cold!! For those of you who work with me and see me sit with a heater in my lap most of the day- cold is bad and don't even get me started on Valentines Day. Yea..what's that about?! I think God created February and said..."I don't think they can handle anymore than 28 days." SO far so good though! Weather has actually been kind of nice. Mom had a bday- she and I will take in a braves game later this year to celebrate. Woman loves baseball! Other great news! I have tommorow off because I'm headed to Asheville with Ashley to see the Indigo Girls! I'm pretty excited since I have loved them since high school and am just now seeing them. " I'm a little bit fraid b/c I love them so much"

Sure we can debate- Am I supporting a lifestyle that I don't agree with by paying to see them? Yikes...lets talk about something else. Who you voting for? Maybe I should go to bed. I just wanted to say that I am still alive. Sorry for not being so brief! I do hope all of you are well.

6 Comments:

  • At 10:22 AM , Blogger lilsquirt said...

    Good to see you back with the "blogging world" - hopefully I'll see you around this weekend - Will and I will be in the "Rock" again b/c Rick is out of town!

     
  • At 3:31 PM , Blogger John Pennylegion said...

    DJ, good to see you back into blogging.
    You said, "Sure we can debate- Am I supporting a lifestyle that I don't agree with by paying to see them? Yikes...lets talk about something else. Who you voting for?" Since I can't vote - Oh Canada! - I'll comment on the beginning of this statement.
    What is wrong with going to hear a band that plays good music even though they don't share you're same moral convictions? Is the definition of good music determined by the morality of the one who is singing/wrote it? - if it is then we had better get rid of some of the greatest music ever made. I would say to those who would answer with the affirmative to that question - have you heard of something called common grace?
    We interact with the products of people who have differing beliefs all the time and yet we don't stop using their product. Have you ever heard of someone who said before driving over a bridge, I don't think the builder/asphalt layer/engineer shares my same convictions, thus I will not drive over this bridge so as not to support their lifestyle? Nope. Why not? Because to be consistent with the view that has obviously been expressed to you means to not live in this world. One would have to cloister themselves with only those who share their same convictions - talk about boring! I love movies/music/art/literature that have been produced by those who are very different than I. Why? Because they too are made in the image of God and they too can express redemption, beauty, love, care, pain, sorrow, grief, and many other emotions and experiences that all mankind lives with in our time.
    So DJ go here the Indigo Girls and sing their songs and appreciate their ability to play good music.

     
  • At 9:48 PM , Blogger djkimbrell said...

    I hear ya Canada!! Thanks....my thoughts exactly!

     
  • At 10:57 PM , Blogger Hajost Family said...

    OOPS.... sorry about my last email, I decided to check your blog and was pleasantly surprised to see a new picture and post!!!! Glad you're back - missed ya and reading about your life!!!! Great to hear all the things going on and you'll get through Feb. - just enjoy it with the baseball game and concert - fun, fun!!!

     
  • At 4:06 PM , Blogger beth ewing said...

    so you are alive!

     
  • At 7:33 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

    So Chris was at a race today that I didn't get to do because I sprained my ankle and I decided to check on everyone's blogs and lo and behold dj is writing again!

    As the usual, you worry way too much. Have a wonderful time in Asheville, (heaven on earth as far as I'm concerned :) ) and enjoy the indigo girls.

    When you bringing yo mamma to the ATL? If you need a place to stay you are always more than welcome. The game room is finally coming together with the pool table, arcade game, and the new tv and we have a fabulous new couch in the living room now too!

    I spent all day trying to make blinds for the bedroom and failed miserably. Sewing type projects are just not my thing.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home